How To Fit Your New Wood Venetian Blind
Fitting your wooden blinds from Cheapest Blinds UK couldn’t be easier:
When you open your parcel, you will find the following:
- Wood Venetian Blind
- Valance (with brackets – for attaching to the head rail)
- Mounting Brackets
- Centre Mounting Bracket ***If your blind is longer than 105cm (this is for added support)***
- 2x Hold Down brackets (to be used if you are fitting the blind to a door)
- CHILD SAFETY ‘P’ CLIP/ TIE DOWN CLIP – ALWAYS FIT THIS
- Make sure the brackets have the little hinged gate facing forwards away from the window.
- Mark the position the mounting brackets on the side or the top of the window recess. Measure the distance that any window handles stick out from the frame and mark a position for the brackets so that the blinds do not get obstructed by the handles.
- Now use screw number 1, the largest one to secure the brackets.
- Now slide the head rail of the blinds into the brackets and push the little hinged gate on the brackets closed.
- Screw the valance brackets onto the back (flat side of the valance). These simply clip over the top of the head rail to hold the valance in place.
- If fitting your blind to doors it is recommended to fit the hold down brackets so that the blinds do not move around when the door is opened and closed.
- You may also decide to fit the hold down brackets to windows where there are no opening windows or on windows where you do not want to raise/ lower the blinds regularly.
MAKE YOUR BLINDS SAFE
If you have a window blind which has an operating cord or chain that forms a loop it needs to be kept out of the reach of babies and young children.
Safety devices for every type of blind are available and can be easily fitted to existing blinds. These include a cord/chain tidy or tensioner to keep looped cords or chains taut and cleats to keep loose cords out of the way.
ALWAYS fit the child safety device that come with the blinds – even if you do not have children. It’s quick and easy and it may prevent a serious accident.
- Our blinds come with a CHILD SAFETY ‘P’ CLIP/ TIE DOWN CLIP to be screwed to the recess/ wall to keep the operating chains taut. ALWAYS FIT THIS CLIP.