Complete Guide To Fitting Wooden Venetian Blinds
Fitting your wooden blinds from Cheapest Blinds UK couldn’t be easier. You can either follow the 3 minute video above or use the text version below to fit your wood Venetian blinds perfectly. If you need help measuring up for Venetian blinds you can check out our wooden Venetian measuring guide.
When you open your package you’ll see we have sent you:
- 3 different types of screws, each of which you’ll need later.
- A valance with it’s brackets for attaching to the head rail.
- 2 cord cleats & 2 hold down brackets
- Wooden venetian blind mounting brackets
- A centre mounting bracket for blinds that are over 105cm long for added support.
- Your Wooden Venetian blinds.
- Make sure the brackets have the little hinged gate facing forwards away from the window.
- Mark the position the mounting brackets on the side or the top of the window recess. Measure the distance that any window handles stick out from the frame and mark a position for the brackets so that the blinds do not get obstructed by the handles.
- Now use screw number 1, the largest one to secure the brackets.
- Now slide the head rail of the blinds into the brackets and push the little hinged gate on the brackets closed.
- Screw the valance brackets onto the back (flat side of the valance). These simply clip over the top of the head rail to hold the valance in place.
- If fitting Wooden Venetian to doors it is recommended to fit the hold down brackets so that the blinds do not move around when the door is opened & closed.
- You may also decide to fit the hold down brackets to windows where there are no opening windows or on windows where you do not want to raise/lower the blinds regularly.
- Always fit the child safety cleats that come with the blinds even if you do not have children. It’s quick and easy and it may prevent a serious accident one day. It’s a no brainer.
If you have any questions you can call us FREE on 0800 112 3335.